Staff spotlight – Russ Summers
Every person in the Indigo Environmental team is important to us, which is why we’ve decided to introduce you to a different colleague each month, so you can learn more about them and their role.
Here, we’re finding out more about Russell Summers…
Name: Mr Russell Summers
Job title: Logistics & Transport Manager Department: Logistics & Transport
1. Summarise your role in one paragraph:
I take care of the day-to-day incomings and outgoings, managing deliveries — ensuring all timeframes are met — and scheduling vehicle movements to maximise the overall efficiency of the plant.
2. What is your favourite part of the job?
I love overcoming the various challenges we are presented with each day.
3. Pick three words your colleagues would use to describe you:
Caring, dedicated and a renowned mischief-maker!
4. Which word do you think best describes the ethos at Indigo?
Fun with a ‘can do’ approach.
5. What’s been the most satisfying moment of your Indigo career so far?
There are far too many to mention!
6. What are your hopes for Indigo in the coming year?
That next year is as good as this one — with much less mention of the ‘c-word’!
7. What or who sparked your passion for working within the waste and recycling sector?
My fellow bathing companion at our local Rugby Club – Paul Kinley. At one point, a spot on the team seemed to be synonymous with a passion for waste and recycling, with seven or eight ex-players also appearing in the Indigo line up.
8. What do you think is one of the biggest environmental challenges currently facing the UK?
The lack of plastic recycling infrastructure, the quality of the recyclates we receive, and the fact that so much valuable plastic is still being exported.
9. Complete the sentence: “The recycling of plastic materials is…”
Essential in our transition to a sustainable and circular economy.